Dear Retreat Leader,
Good afternoon from the beautiful Coast of Maine, I hope you consider The Coast of Maine Yoga Retreat House as the destination to bring your next yoga retreat group. We are a famous fully restored 1856 ships captains mansion highly sought after by yoga retreats and family vacation groups alike. As you likely know “everyone loves coming to the coast of Maine” and it worthy of anyone’s bucket list. We host one retreat group at a time of up to 28 attendees for durations of three-seven nights (mostly four-seven nights) in our impressive, recently renovated 10 bedroom (25 bed), 5 bath, 3 story brick ships captains mansion with 11 foot ceilings and skylights. We are ideally located in a spectacular retreat location between coastal Portland and Kennebunkport, in the middle of a dozen of the most prominent beaches, ports, lighthouses (8 lighthouses within 30 minute drive) and coastal destinations. As you may know we own a beautiful all black Fresian horse named “Hercules” and according to the Yoga Journal & Huffington Post “operate the most prominent yoga with horses program in the east”.
Our compound with built-in pool is ideally located a 5 minute walk to where the ocean meets a major river and the Amtrak station. We are a 20-25 minute ride to Portland Airport, 2 hour drive/Amtrak ride from Boston, 3 hour drive from CT and 5-7 hours from NY, NJ and PA. We practice yoga at our beautiful studio but more often at a range of spectacular oceanside locations. We encourage you to bring your group to Portland, to Kennebunkport, on a two hour sail to the islands, or sea kayak & paddleboard in nature’s beauty or sailboat to Maine’s beautiful lighthouses. We often have a beach bonfire in a gorgeous setting. In our blossoming neighborhood we have seven churches, three coffee shops, three restaurants, one wine bar, four kraft breweries, two yoga studios and a dance studio.
Accommodations-Sleeping, Indoor/Outdoor Dining, Yoga Studio, Pool etc
Our luxury property/main building is a classic 1856 ships captains brick mansion and is 6,000 square feet spread over three floors with 10 premium bedrooms (27 beds) 5 bathrooms, cathedral ceiling yoga studio (24 mats), indoor dining room for 24. We have an outdoor dining area seating 30, a beautiful built in pool and have a beautiful wrap around porch seating 20, with a second floor living room sitting 16. Two of the ten bedrooms are located next door on the ground floor of our adjacent 1856 carriage house.
Our facility includes:
- Superior overnight mansion style accommodations w/3 fireplaces
- Indoor Yoga Studio for 24 (32 ft x 18 ft)-Most classes are on the ocean!
- Indoor Dining Room/kitchen – Outdoor Dining Area Second floor living room
- Yoga Props and Supplies for: 24 including mats, blankets, bolsters, blocks, straps
- In ground pool which is a social/dining area
Sleeping and Bathroom Arrangements
Sleeping Arrangements: 10 bedrooms/5 full bathrooms – 25 beds
- Main Floor – 1 full bathroom Yoga studio w/11 foot ceilings and fireplace
- York Room – 1 Queen bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom/ single on top
- Second Floor – 2 shared full bathrooms Beautiful living room sitting 16.
- Portland Room – 1 King bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom/single on top
- Ogunquit Room – 1 Queen bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom/single on top
- Portsmouth Room – 1 King bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom/single on top
- Kennebunk Room – 1 Queen bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom /single on top
- Third Floor – 1 shared very large cathedral ceiling luxury bathroom w/Jacuzzi
- Wells Room – 1 King bed with 2 single beds with cathedral ceilings
- Lighthouse Room – 1 Queen bed/1 full bed/1 single bed (Lighthouse and Wells are connected) Cathedral ceilings
- Old Orchard Room – 1 Queen bed/1 Bunkbed with full on bottom /single on top. Cathedral ceilings
- Carriage House – located 10 feet next door with half bathroom
- Bedroom 9 – 1 queen bed
- Bedroom 10 – 1 queen bed
Our Pricing for Housing
Spring/Summer/Fall Lodging Rates (April 22nd thru November 20th)
Our Spring/Summer/Fall-Rental rates below are for 10 bedrooms with 25 beds, 24 person yoga studio, 24 person dining room, living room sitting 16, builtin pool etc. You should consider having a capable co-retreat leader as that always helps getting people. As you will see the longer your stay the lower the nightly rates. We are being OVERWELMED with requests for seven night retreats in July and August and have a four night minimum for those months. We have a popular arrive a night early option for $75 per person for retreat leaders, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU ARRIVE A NIGHT EARLY. Please remember that the flowing rental rates includes the cost of a pre/post retreat cleaning/linen service and an 8% state tax.
|3 nights lodging||$1200 per night – If you bring 24 that’s $50 per person, per night|
|4 nights lodging||$1110/night – If you bring 24 that’s $45 per person, per night|
|5 nights lodging||$1050/night – If you bring 24 that’s $43 per person, per night|
Winter Rates – November 21- April 22nd
Consider coming in the winter. Coastal Maine is beautiful all winter and there are plenty of things to do. I make it easier by reducing the nightly winter rent.
|3 nights at||$900/night – If you bring 24 that’s $37.50 per person, per night|
Private Chef Service
To provide you greater flexibility we provide you the option to choose:
- Three meals a day for $48. Used by 90% of retreats.
- You also have the option to utilize your own chef for a $150 kitchen usage fee .
* prices include taxes
We have two Portland Maine natives who are our “amazing rotating private chefs” and each are well-known Portland Maine yoga teachers. Food is there joy. Our chefs always receive outstanding reviews for their preparation of organic, vegetarian and locally sourced very complete meals. As you consider which meal plan recognize that most of your students will be out visiting wonderful seaside destinations during the lunch hour. Our chef normally prepares lunch to be eaten at a coastal destination.
Yoga with Horses
As most of you know our yoga with horses program has been nationally recognized in the Yoga Journal, Huffington Post, and Boston Globe etc.….and is extremely popular, moving and unique. I’m also privileged to be the go to person that teaches it at the largest yoga festival in the world, the Wanderlust Yoga Festival. Our program is very well thought out, spiritually moving and usually a highlight for retreats. Our program is 4 hours long and weather permitting includes a two mile hike with horses by the ocean (ride bareback) and yoga postures on horses. We lose money on our horse program but do it for its enormous impact. About 75% of retreats participate in this optional program. We charge $400 for yoga with horses.
For a $25 dollar fee an attendee can rent a bicycle for the time that you are here. This is 1/3 the cost of bike rentals in the area. We have ten bikes, if you need more we are near a bicycle shop.
Maine Guitar/Singer Songwriter
We strongly encourage you to hire, local singer song writer and guitarist Caroline Cotter to play for 2 hours one night after dinner during your retreat. We encourage you to have her play at Camp Ellis in Saco on the jetty from 8-10pm. Her cost is $200.00. You pay & schedule her directly and her phone number is: 207-752-6990. Suggest you book her WAY IN ADVANCE.
Coast of Maine Yoga Retreat House-
Sample Three Night Retreat Schedule
Please find an attached sample schedule for a 3 night retreat. There is no one perfect retreat schedule but this one is a very good one and at least a starting point. You can’t see a lot of coastal Maine by staying in only one town so in this schedule we will visit five. If you have detailed questions I would encourage you to call me, Gerry Scott at 802-585-9006.
- 1:00pm Yoga retreat leaders arrive to meet with Gerry and visit key retreat destinations!
- 4:00pm – Retreat arrival, room assignments
- 5:30pm- Accommodations/logistics briefing with Gerry
- 6:00pm – Appetizers and dinner served buffet style.
- 7:00pm – Trip to Town Beach & Camp Ellis at 29 Eastern Avenue in Saco, Maine-See their beaches, jetty, fishing/lobster boats and for most retreats sunset & sing along with local singer song writer Caroline Cutter.
- 6:45am – Depart for 75 min yoga at Biddeford Pool at: 1 Lester Orcutt BLVD in Bidderford, Maine (carpool/bring beach towels for yoga mats)
- 9:00am – Breakfast (Coast of Maine House)
- 10:15am –Depart for Portland & park at the Eastern Promenade (City Park)- Full Day in Portland & in the islands. (Take lunch with you)
- 10:45am-3:00pm- Stand up paddle board, kayak with Portland Paddle at Eastern Promenade, Portland Maine www.portlandpaddle.net 207-370-9730, sun bathe at the beach at Eastern Promenade or visit Old Portland Maine.
- 3:30-5:30pm – Two choices 1)We highly recommend this two hour group sailboat trip!!! Contact Portland Schooner and book your entire group “far in advance” www.portlandschooner.com 207-370-9730 ($45 per person) or 2) Drive 18 minutes to Portland Head lighthouse (Most photographed lighthouse in the world) and have a yoga class there.
- 5:45pm – Yoga at the Coast of Maine Retreat House
- 7:15pm – Dinner at the house
- 6:15am Breakfast
- 6:45am –DEPART for Yoga with Horses 30 Lester Orcutt Blvd. in Bidderford, Maine. 1. Hike with horses at “Fortunes Rocks Beach” (30 minutes) in Bidderford, Maine. 2. Yoga -teacher taught (30 minute class) 3. Yoga postures on horses (60 minutes.) * Please bring sneakers/hiking boots for foot protection.
- 9:45-12:00am – Journey with horses at Bidderford Beach *optional swim/sun bathe time.
- 12:30pm – Lunch served in Kennebunkport by our amazing chef!
- 1:00-4:00pm -Free time in Kennebunkport (shop, walk, explore, etc.)
- 5:30pm – Yoga at Coast of Maine Retreat House OR in Kennebunkport at “Goose Rocks Beach.”
- 7:00pm – Dinner
- 8:30pm – Optional walk to Saco Scoops Ice Creamery, craft brewery for live music by the Saco River (5 minute walk)
- 7:00am – Yoga in Biddeford at Maine Audubon Sanctuary (Park at 61 Lester Orcutt BLVD)
- 9:30am – Brunch
- 11:15pm – Free time-Recommended destinations-Drive south on RTE 95 to see 1) Ogunquit & walk the Marginal Way, 2) Sailboat ride on the Portland Schooner, whale watch boat ride or just beautiful downtown Kennebunkport & 3) Hubble Lighthouse in York
*This is only a recommended sample schedule. Prices and other details are subject to change.
The Coast of Maine House
319 Main Street
Saco, Maine. 04072